If you’re like most smartphone users, you pretty much keep your entire life in your device. While this makes daily tasks such as emailing, texting, banking, and sharing photos a lot easier, it also puts you in an extremely vulnerable position should your phone be lost, stolen, or compromised by malware. That’s why security software for mobile security is an absolute must for anyone who stores copious amounts of personal or business data on an iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or similar unit.
With a good iOS or Android security program in place, you can rest a little easier knowing you have a way to protect and recover all the sensitive information stored in your phone. For example, a product such as ESET mobile security not only guards against viruses, spam, and hacking attempts, but also gives you the ability to remote lock or remote wipe your phone should the need arise. That way even if a criminal gets ahold of your device, he won’t be able to access your data.
Although installing mobile security is a critical first step in protecting your smartphone, it’s not the only thing you can do. Here are some additional steps to consider if your device is lost or stolen:
- Call your own phone and ask for its return. If the device was simply lost and picked up by a good Samaritan, you’ll get it back
- Activate the tracking application to help pinpoint your smartphone’s current location.
- If you have ESET security software for mobile security installed, engage the remote lock and reset your password.
- File a police report and let them know about any tracking data you have.
- Notify your carrier of the incident so they can temporarily suspend service to your account.
- If you’re convinced the phone has been stolen and chances of recovery are slim, activate the remote wipe feature.
While a lost or stolen smartphone can wreak havoc on your life, you can limit the potential damage by proactively installing ESET Android security today. Visit SoftwareSecuritySolutions.com right now to get started.